Love this powerful information from this powerful African sister and I must share her knowledge with everyone. I have her book and its amazing. Listen Up!
The Purest Bath Crystals for the Purest Cleansing Himalayan bath salts are famous worldwide for their purity and beauty, and in the Himalayas they often go by the name of “white gold”. Having formed in the Himalayan mountains over what is believed to be the last 250 million years, the crystals are incredibly pure and virtually untouched by pollutants and toxins. For thousands of years the salt has been used in baths, body scrubs, drinks, and foods and has been praised for its medicinal properties and unique taste. Pakistan.
Himalayan salt contains 84 minerals that balance and detoxify the body; these minerals include iron, copper, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. When you bathe in the salts these minerals are absorbed through the skin and can help to improve immunity, reduce stress, improve heart health, relieve headaches and depression.
You can also eat Himalayan rock salt! Because Himalayan sea salt is completely unprocessed and free of any additives, the pure taste and abundant minerals make this salt both more flavorful and healthier than processed salts. Himalayan salt optimizes the flavor of food, allowing you to experience the real, full-taste of food. It doesn’t taint food with an acrid, salty bitterness like more standard salts.
The minerals and nutrients in Himalayan salts work to cleanse and beautify the skin. As you bathe you’ll notice your skin becoming smoother, softer, and cleaner than ever before. Himalayan salts have been used to treat dry skin, acne, psoriasis; insect bites or blisters; joint diseases such as arthritis and rheumatism; water retention and premenstrual symptoms; stress and insomnia.
To Use: Just put a handful of salts in your bath when you start the water running. Stay in the tub for about 30 minutes and towel dry your body. If you take your bath before bedtime you will have an incredibly restful sleep as the salts help to encourage deep sleep and reduce stress.
I’ve been researching these pearly thingys for a while and found this interesting few articles that has led me to the conclusion that I won’t be using these anytime soon, but I may try the steaming. That way I don’t have to worry about inserting something into the vagina thats invasive. Check out the video.
Image of the Detox Products
Couldn’t post the the video with this woman “The Detox Goddess” talking about the Pearls, but here’s the link if you’re interested and there’s plenty of post on Youtube showing the usage of the pearls.
Here’s a point of view that disclaims the use of the vaginal detox and answers pertinent questions involved in placing this item inside your body. Check it out
I’m posting this because I think its in our best interest as women to understand our bodies, do our research and know whats going in and whats coming out. Our bodies naturally detoxes and cleanses itself but there is more involved with the detox pearl. It proports to remove toxins and draw out impurities from other surrounding parts of the inside, so try it for yourself, do your research and tell me what the outcome is. Let’s share and get healthy together.
I’m a scardy cat so I’ll just stick to the steaming.
When it comes to moringa benefits, there are almost too many to count! Native to Africa and Asia, the Moringa Tree, or Moringa Oleifera to use its scientific name, is one of the most nutrient-rich plants in the world.
Moringa Powder is made from naturally-dried moringa leaves. It has a delicious spinachy green flavour and is:
- 25% plant protein including all 9 essential amino acids
- 24% fibre
- A rich source of iron, vitamin K & E
- A source of vitamin A & calcium
- High in antioxidants
As Moringa Powder is a natural source of these nutrients, it is highly bioavailable, so our bodies can absorb the benefits more easily than by taking synthetic supplements.
1. At any given time, 1 in 5 people feel unusually tired, and 1 in 10 have prolonged fatigue, according to the Royal College of Psychiatrists in the UK.
A single serving of Moringa Powder (10g or 2-3 teaspoons) provides:
- Iron: 32.2% of your daily requirement (NRV)
- Vitamin A: 18.9% of NRV
Iron is essential for the reduction of tiredness and fatigue in the body, and vitamin A supports the metabolism of iron ensuring a greater uptake. Adding moringa to your daily routine is an effective, natural way to prevent tiredness and fatigue.
The rich iron content of moringa powder also makes it ideal for vegan, vegetarians and those suffering from anemia.
2. Moringa Powder has been heralded by Vogue magazine as “redefining beauty from within.”
It is jam-packed with skin-loving vitamins including:
- Vitamin A: 18.9% of NRV
- Vitamin E: 16.9% of NRV
Vitamin A is essential for healthy, radiant skin and vitamin E protects cells from oxidative stress helping fight the signs of ageing.
Moringa also has one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food. With an ORAC value of 157,000, it has 6x the antioxidants of goji berries and comparable levels to the antioxidant powerhouse matcha.
Antioxidants are essential for protecting, repairing and preventing cell damage, minimising the ageing process of the skin in the long-term. They help counteract oxidative stress and the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage collagen causing skin dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and premature ageing.
The skin benefits of moringa are so exceptional that Moringa Powder is one of the first food items to ever be sold in the beauty hall of prestigious London department store Liberty.
3. One of the best moringa benefits is its super immune-boosting powers. Maintaining a healthy immune system is essential for helping our bodies stave off infections and illnesses. Moringa Oleifera leaves are an extremely rich source of:
- Iron: 32.2% of NRV
- Vitamin A: 18.9% of NRV
Both of which are essential for the normal function of the immune system.
Many studies have been done about moringa’s potential as an anti-cancer agent. Moringa leaves have been shown to have beneficial properties in the fight against both breast and colon cancer cells and research is ongoing.
4. Moringa oleifera leaves are almost 25% protein, which is unusually high for a plant. Aduna Moringa Powder contains 9 essential amino acids making it a complete source of protein, supporting the growth and maintenance of muscle mass. The high protein content of moringa makes it particularly beneficial for vegans and vegetarians who can struggle to get a sufficient protein supply.
Try shaking it into a smoothie for a post/pre workout boost, or simply sprinkling some on your roasted vegetables for an easy way to increase your protein intake!
5. A 2010 study in the Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics confirmed that the leaves of the moringa tree are a powerful, natural adaptogen. Never heard of them? Adaptogens are herbs or plants that protect the body from the toxic effects of stress. Used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine, they help reduce stress and improve attention and endurance in the face of fatigue. Studies indicate that adaptogens not only help the body to cope with stress, but can enhance general health and performance.
Moringa powder is a rich source of calcium (24.7% NRV) which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes.
It also contains 24% fibre which can help support a healthy digestive system and bowel regularity. Fibre can also be helpful for weight management as it helps you feel fuller for longer and supports a healthy metabolism.
7. Moringa is a rich source of iron (32.2% NRV) and calcium (24.7% NRV), both of which support energy-yielding metabolism. A green smoothie with moringa in the morning will keep you feeling nice and energised all day!
8. Having healthy eyes and normal vision is something that can often be taken for granted but requires the right nutrition on order to maintain normal function. Moringa is a source of vitamin A (18.9% NRV per serving) which contributes to normal vision.
Typically used in traditional medicines, recent scientific studies have confirmed that moringa is in fact a successful way to treat diabetes, and is proven to decrease blood glucose level.
Additionally, further research has shown that those eating a diet rich in plant proteins can reduce their risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D). A 19 year study by the University of Eastern Finland has found that replacing just 5 grams of meat-based protein consumption a day with a plant-based source, could reduce risk of T2D onset by as much as 18% – moringa contains 25% plant protein.
10. Maintaining strong and healthy bones is an important component of overall health. Moringa oleifera leaves are a rich source of vitamin K (158.7% NRV), protein (25%) and calcium (24.7% NRV) all of which support normal bones.
Moringa has a green, earthy taste – similar to spinach or matcha green tea. It is delicious mixed into food or drinks for a nutrient boost.
REASONS TO USE MORINGA: Moringa contains a wide range of nutrients and Ayurvedic properties that are relevant for a wide range of people: athletes, less active people, older people, adults, children, men, women, those with special eating habits, those with a hectic lifestyle, pregnant women, people with diabetes – it is even great for animals! Dried Moringa leaves contain almost everything the human body needs:
1. 18 of 20 amino acids, 8 essential amino acids,
2. 25 anti-inflammatory substances,
4. 4x’s more vitamin A than carrots,
5. 4 X’s more Folic Acid (Vitamint B9) than liver,
6. 4 X’s more vitamin E than wheat,
7. 4 X’s more calcium than milk,
8. 15 X’s more potassium than bananas,
9. 25 X’s more Iron than spinach,
10. 6 X’s more polyphenol than red wine,
11. 46 antioxidants (ORAC value 76,000 is highest known of all plants, S
12. ame protein as chicken eggs,
13. Moringa is used to fight malnutrition in children in developing countries,
HOW TO USE:
• Moringa oleifera leaf powder does not contain any nutrients or compounds which are harmful to the human body. However, as it is such a powerful nutritional source, it can lead to an unsettled stomach if taken in too large quantities, as our body struggles to absorb all the nutrients contained.
• When you are beginning to take Moringa, we recommend that you start with 1/2 tsp a day in combination with a meal. Let your body decide how much it needs.
• Once you have taken Moringa regularly for a while you will be able to take greater quantities of Moringa. As Moringa has no negative nutritional properties, you can freely experiment with different quantities to suit your needs. Generally, we recommend to never chug drinks you made with Moringa, but rather drink them slowly, as this greatly helps to minimise any side effects you may experience.
• A good time to start taking Moringa is when you are suffering from a cold or feel a cold coming on. Moringa’s unique composition of Vitamins and anti-inflammatory compounds make it a very efficient remedy against colds and smaller illnesses.
OTHER GREAT WAYS TO USE
• A great way to take Moringa is to add a sprinkle to every meal you eat. The simplest way to do this is to simply put some Moringa powder into a pepper shaker and add a small sprinkle to every meal.
• Take Moringa in the morning to give them a long-lasting boost of energy, clearer ming and helps to stay focused.
• Take Moringa around lunch when you feel your energy dipping.
• Take Moring in the evening for a restful sleep and wake up refreshed the next day. This is particularly useful when our schedule only allows us limited time for sleep. Taking Moringa in the evening can also help with digestive issues.
• We also recommend the use of Moringa before or after exercising (in particular for endurance athletes). Moringa’s high content of protein, minerals and antioxidants make it highly efficient in supporting muscle growth, as well as the prevention and curing of sore muscles and cramps.
• Moringa is also great in your shakes and smoothies. Moringa is not recommended to cook with as high temperatures kill its medicinal properties.
Moringa is used for tired blood (anemia), arthritis, joint pain, asthma, cancer, constipation, diabetes, diarrhea, epilepsy, stomach pain, stomach and intestinal ulcers and spasms, headache, heart problems, high blood pressure, kidney stones, fluid retention, thyroid disorders, bacterial, fungal, viral & parasitic infections. Moringa helps reduce swelling, increases sex drive, boost the immune system, increases breast milk production.
Moringa is sometimes applied directly to the skin as a germ killer or drying agent astringent and used topically for treating pockets of infections (abscesses), athletes foot, dandruff, gum disease (gingivitis), snakebites, warts and wounds.