Ingredients: Blessed Thistle, Burdock Root, Kelp, Slippery Elm, Turkish Rhubarb Root, Red Clover, Sheep Sorrel (including the root), Moringa Leaf, Turmeric Root, Black SeedS. CONTAINS 1 OZ pkg POWDER. The powder formula needs to go through a 12-hour process for preparation as follows:
To prepare Essiac Tea:
- Boil 1-gallon fresh spring water in a stainless steel pot.
- Stir in 4 oz of tea (by weight *), cover pot.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir. Cover and let sit for a minimum 6 and up to 12 hours at room temperature.
- Stir, cover, and reheat. Remove from heat.
- Strain through a fine mesh colander. Funnel liquid into clean amber glass bottle and cap. Tighten cap after cooling.
- Refrigerate. Mixture will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks if refrigerated.
For smaller amounts: 1 oz of Essiac tea powder mixed into 32 oz of boiling water. Let cool for 12 hours and drink 2 oz twice per day.
Directions for drinking:
- Shake herbal tea to mix well. Add 2 fl oz tea to equal amount (2 fl oz) fresh spring or distilled water preferably cold.
- Drink 4 fl oz daily on an empty stomach, preferably before bedtime. Tea concoction can have lemon and or be sweetened to taste with desired sweetener
Essiac Tea is a timeless and traditional blend of potent herbs that have historically been used to promote one’s health and well-being. Essiac tea is an herbal tea claimed to kill cancer cells, stimulate immunity, and aid in the detoxification process.
Warning: Pregnant women, consult your physician. Should use only stainless steel utensils when preparing this tea.
NOTICE Of known side effects: This product contains Rhubarb Root (Rheum palmatum). Read and follow directions carefully. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools, or abdominal pain because Rhubarb Root may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Consult your physician if you have frequent diarrhea or if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Individuals with a history of kidney stones should use this herb cautiously.
Slippery Elm should be taken with at least 250mL (8 oz.) of liquid. Orally administered drugs should be taken one hour prior to or several hours after consumption of slippery elm. The mucilage may slow the absorption of orally administered drugs.
Discontinue use in the event of diarrhea or watery stools. Use with caution in persons with a history of kidney stones. Not for long-term use.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Finally, remember that these herbs should augment, not replace, a sound diet, your medication, and get plenty of exercises.